Friday, November 4, 2011

Coin Purse with window - October Meeting Demo

I found these instructions on the internet for making  a cute little coin purse with a window in it to display your ID or a picture. It's called the all-you-need-bag.
Click on picture for full instructions.


The instructions are fine, but the first little bag I made didn't turn out exactly like I wanted it to, so I made some notes as to what to do differently. So, hopefully if you make one, your first one will turn out perfectly.

The pattern describes  a super easy technique for putting in a zipper. This method could be adapted to make little zippered bags of all sizes. I plan to make an eyeglass case and an make-up bag to match.

The pattern calls for 2 fat quarters, but I've added cutting diagrams and you need only two pieces 7x9".
Here are the cutting diagrams and the rest of my notes.

Click on picture to see full sized.

No comments: